Why join the College of Podiatry?
Being a member of the College of Podiatry (CoP) links you with a long tradition of excellence, a drive for innovation and high professional standards.
Joining the CoP means joining a unique community of health professionals working to support foot and lower limb health. Joining makes you part of the leading membership organisation and trade union representing UK and overseas podiatrists.
CoP membership provides a comprehensive package of membership options and member benefits to support your professional practice and development. Whether you operate privately, within the NHS, work in research and academia or a mix of many sectors, the CoP has a range of membership options and benefits that will suit your needs. Our video explains how you can benefit from CoP membership.
Our core membership package
As a member of the College you are:
- Protected whatever happens in your career: UK members can benefit from £15 million of malpractice insurance, trade union membership, support with HCPC cases and audits
- Always learning: making the most of our CPD resources, online learning, courses and journals
- Part of a community: an association of your peers. This includes networking and events nationally and through your local branch, mentoring, peer to peer support and advice
- Shaping the future of podiatry: a collective voice lobbying and campaigning on issues affecting podiatry both nationally and locally, raising the profile of podiatry and supporting students
You can find information on the full range of benefits available to members here.
Find out more in: Your Guide to Membership
Support for members during the COVID-19 pandemic
In the past year our members have benefitted more than ever.
- Our dedicated team of employment support and professional officers have provided comprehensive support and guidance to our members to ensure they are working safely as they continue to provide essential services for their patients throughout the pandemic. Visit our COVID-19 resources
- Government restrictions have been analysed, interpreted and communicated to members within hours of announcements ensuring our members are provided with the key information when they need it
- Our policy and public affairs teams have been working across all nations to ensure podiatry services are at the forefront of the political agenda
- Our benevolent fund Arch Support has provided financial assistance to members at their time of need during the pandemic and beyond. Find out more about Arch Support
- We introduced a mental health support service to allow our members to speak to trained support workers for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Find out more about our Wellbeing support service
- We relaunched our member publication as The Podiatrist, bringing you a mix of printed and digital resources on the current topics in foot and lower limb health
- We have increased our online CPD offering to ensure our members can still meet their learning needs..And our CoP Rewards scheme, which provides you with a range of discounts on everything from your weekly shopping and energy bills to cars and Apple products, has never been more popular. Find out more about our Rewards scheme
The quickest and easiest way to become a member is by joining online today. We offer a range of membership categories to suit your circumstances. Find out which category of membership is best for you here.
Get in touch
If you need any help or advice about becoming a member, please feel free to contact our membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7234 8644.