We are the only specialised TUC-affiliated union representing chiropodists and podiatrists in the UK.
We provide expert support and representation for you at work:
- Market leading insurance cover, including public liability and medical malpractice insurance and product liability insurance cover. A full summary of cover available is on request.
- Employment support, including immediate access to professional advice and assistance in industrial relations and professional matters; plus formal representation at HCPC and local and disciplinary hearings.
- Business advice, supporting you to start up and manage a private practice, and a College of Podiatry practice accreditation scheme.
- Networking opportunities both locally and nationally.
- Legal advice and support, including local or national representation and a legal helpline.
- Trade union support, with a national network of accredited union representatives to help you with trade union matters at a local level.
- Access to members-only website content, including clinical guidelines and minimum standards.
- Health and Safety support including advice on decontamination of instruments, infection control and risk assessment.