We know this year’s Annual Conference will be different. After over a year of disruption, hurt and suffering caused by COVID-19, the College is now cautiously optimistic that, in line with the Government’s roadmap to ease restrictions, the Annual Conference and Exhibition in Liverpool from 18-20 November 2021 will take place.
This conference is happening because the College remains committed to offering excellent professional development opportunities to the entire profession. After many months in which networking with colleagues was severely limited, this is an opportunity to get together again for the benefit of patient care. We want to give you as much information up front as possible so that you can decide with confidence whether to purchase a ticket for this event. We also want to make it as easy as possible for you by ensuring that you have all the facts at hand before making any decision.
- Will I be refunded if the Annual Conference is cancelled due to COVID-19?
Yes, full refunds will be offered for any cancellations due to COVID-19.
- How will the College and its conference organisers (Profile Productions) protect peoples' safety at the event?
The health and safety of our delegates, speakers, exhibitors and staff will always be our number one priority. We will be putting measures in place to ensure that we are compliant with whatever guidance is operational at the time.
The College and Profile Productions are also working closely with the venue, ACC Liverpool, to ensure a safe and controlled environment at the conference. The conference will only take place if it is allowed by the UK Government, and if the venue, ACC Liverpool, deem it safe to do so. A full risk assessment will be carried out.
- Will I need to pre-register to attend the Conference?
Attendance at the conference will only be permitted for those registering beforehand. On-the-day admittance will not be allowed.
- Will social distancing be in place?
The College and Profile Productions will ensure that measures are in place to facilitate physical distancing in line with the current guidelines. This may include a one-way system (if required) to ensure social distancing. There will also be hand sanitiser stations.
- What other measures will be introduced to ensure our safety?
- Larger registration and catering areas
- Time slots for attendees for queue-free entry (if required)
- More seating available so delegates can space themselves out in plenaries and workshops
- Increased distance between stands and aisles
- Enable a no-contact policy (avoid shaking hands)
- Public health messaging will be displayed at the event and shared beforehand to all attendees
- Exhibitors to send promotional materials electronically.
ACC Liverpool is one of this country’s premier conference venues. It has over 20,000m2 of flexible flat floor event space, as well as tiered seating that can accommodate a conference for up to 3000 delegates with social distancing at 1m, and 1,400 delegates at 2m.
ACC Liverpool has produced a full brochure, Rediscover events, detailing how it can safely host conferences during this time. The College and Profile Productions will always adhere to its strict COVID-19 guidelines and policies.
ACC Liverpool has also produced a video demonstrating the safety measures in place. See its COVID-19 secure venue tour.